A Self-Drive Vacation allows you to plan your own itinerary, select your overnight stops and choose the type of accommodation best suited to you. There is no better way to travel for those who really want to meet the Irish and absorb the local culture. Your vacation starts in Dublin or Shannon. You can pick up your car when you arrive or wait until you are leaving the city and beginning to travel through the countryside.
- Accommodation vouchers
- Pre-booked hotels, castles & manors and select B&Bs
- All taxes for accommodations
- Full Irish breakfast each day
- Hertz car, type of your choice, including unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver (CDW), Theft Protection (TP), Value Added Tax (VAT at 13.5%), Airport Location Service Charge and Vehicle Licensing Fee
- Detailed road map of Ireland
- Valuable discounts including:
- Two-for-one Knappogue Castle & Walled Gardens, Belleek China Factory Visitor Centre, House of Waterford Crystal, Dunguaire Castle, Craggaunowen
- Discounts at Blarney Woollen Mills, Kildare Village Outlet Mall, Midleton and Jameson Distilleries Gift Shops, and the
All this makes it AAA Vacations®
- 24/7 Member Care
- Best Price Guarantee
- Member Benefit: Receive a $40 per person savings on packages totaling $2,000 or more per person (land only)
- AAA Complimentary Inclusion: Receive a Hertz Neverlost® GPS system for the full length of your car rental
Dates & Pricing
Choose Your Accommodations: Mix and Match
Bed and Breakfast
(Farmhouses and Town & Country Homes)
If you prefer discovering the local way of life in an informal setting and relaxed atmosphere, then this is the choice for you. You can choose from over 1100 B&Bs located throughout Ireland. These homes are regularly inspected to ensure high standards of cleanliness and comfort, and all have been approved by the Irish Tourist Board. You can go as you please and purchase accommodation vouchers before you leave home or you can pre-book as much as possible to avoid any disappointment. Pre-booking is recommended during busy summer periods.
|B&B Pass Prices Per Person, Per Night From:|
|Tourist Board Approved(no rating)||$58-$63|
Many travelers prefer staying in hotels. You can choose from more than 250 properties throughout Ireland that suit every taste and
budget. You will find everything from historic hotels with old-world charm to modern properties with all the conveniences. You might stay in a country inn or a luxury retreat. You can also sample B&Bs for a few nights, then hotels for others. Hotels must be pre-booked before leaving home.
Why not experience the luxury of an Irish castle or manor? Live like royalty in a hotel rich in history and character. It is essential that you pre-book these special properties to avoid disappointment.
We need a little information from you to help you plan your perfect vacation. Please fill out this form and a AAA Travel Professional will follow up with you within one business day.
* Minimum driving age, age surcharges and requirements for drivers over 75 may apply. Minimum 3-day rental required. One-way rentals are permitted between major cities. A one-way drop off charge may apply in smaller centers. Additional driver charges will apply. Valid state driver’s license required. Optional insurance (including reducing deductible costs) is not included. Ask your AAA travel agency for details. Other terms and conditions may apply.